Thanks for visiting my website. I’ve been a DJ since 1995, specialising in various types of house and dance music, but I can also play other genres.
My career highlights include:
- being the only two-time winner of the DJ competitions organised by Hooj Choons, one of Britain’s biggest house record labels. Hooj Choons management said my mixing was ”seamless,” and my sets “rocked.”
- being a finalist at the 2012 Movida Corona DJ competition at the Ministry of Sound.
- reaching the semi-final of Ku Klub’s DJ Quest 2010, where judges described my mixing as “seamless” and “awesome.” This has led to regular gigs at Ku ever since, with one manager writing “you’ve been amazing with your sets and in creating a fantastic atmosphere,” and another writing “it’s great to have you working [with us].”
- playing alongside the legendary Paul Oakenfold during my first ever gig, at London’s massive Home club.
- securing weekly residencies at Ku, Candy Bar, the New Bloomsbury Set, and the Star & Garter.
Based in London but able to travel, I use CD decks and a laptop, and can bring my own equipment to a venue if necessary, as well as arrange sound systems and lighting.
I’m best known for long, seamless mixes (Northern Exposure-style), and for throwing in soundtracks and audio clips from movies.
I put time, imagination and effort into my sets, which I hope you’ll hear and enjoy on this website. My mixes are also available at http://www.mixcloud.com/Sharif/, and for download at http://www.mixcrate.com/Sharif
I’m currently respresented by two DJ agencies: RL Management (www.rl-management.com) and White Wire.
My rates are negotiable, please get in touch.
I look forward to spinning for you!