Thanks for visiting my website. I’ve been a DJ since 1995, specialising in various types of house and dance music, but I can also play other genres.
My career highlights include:
- being the only two-time winner of the DJ competitions organised by Hooj Choons, one of Britain’s biggest house record labels. Hooj Choons management said my mixing was ”seamless,” and my sets “rocked.”
- being a finalist at the 2012 Movida Corona DJ competition at the Ministry of Sound.
- reaching the semi-final of Ku Klub’s DJ Quest 2010, where judges described my mixing as “seamless” and “awesome.”
- having my mix for the LWE 2013 DJ competition judged in the top 10 out of almost 100 entries.
- playing alongside the legendary Paul Oakenfold during my first ever gig, at London’s massive Home club.
- securing residencies at Ku, the New Bloomsbury Set, Shadow Lounge, Candy Bar, and the Star & Garter.
Based in London but able to travel, I use CD decks and a laptop, and can bring my own equipment to a venue if necessary, as well as arrange sound systems and lighting.
I’m best known for long, seamless mixes (Northern Exposure-style), and for throwing in soundtracks and audio clips from movies.
I put time, imagination and effort into my sets, which I hope you’ll hear and enjoy on this website. My mixes are also available at http://www.mixcloud.com/Sharif/, and for download at http://www.mixcrate.com/Sharif
I’m currently respresented by the DJ agency White Wire.
My rates are negotiable, please get in touch.
I look forward to spinning for you!